Monday, August 4, 2008

Mega Doodle Inspired PSE 5 or 6 Action Grab Bag #4

Here is Mega Doodle Inspired's Grab Bag #4 for Photoshop Elements 5 & 6 found at Scrappin' Freestyle for $5.00. This was a great step back in time for me as I haven't used my PSE 5 in over a year! I am in awe of the capabilities of this program after trying out this grab bag! These actions also come with easy to follow instructions with screen shots for installing the actions for the new or rusty PSE action user! This designer really has her customers placed first.Nice fold with lift shadow. Paper is left layered for easy customization.I am not totally crazy about this "tear". The designer does a good job "rolling" the fold, but in my opinion the tear could be a more layered realistic tear. I do want to point out however, that the designer does leave the paper, shadow and fold paper in three separate layers, so the designer using the action could put their own tear on if wanted.These actions included in this time saver pack include:

-Save my GIF-
-Save my JPG-
-Save my PNG-
-Save my PSD-
-Save my Preview 600-
-Save my Preview 900-
-Trim and Save My PNG-

I tried each and every one of the actions, I did not have any difficulties using them, they all performed to my expectations. The trim and save PNG action does not cut off any of your element as you will sometimes see if a designer does not pay close enough attention when using a trim tool in PS. The save my JPG, does a nice job a saving multiple items that I placed as you would on a preview without converting to a JPG file. It did not move my elements and resized them appropriately.

Fun patterns, actions do all the work for you after you pick your colors or papers. Only real downfall I could possibly see to these are that they are ready made and not easily customizable, except of course for colors, unless you are experienced with using actions.Two different envelope styles that can be customized for different looks depending on the paper textures used. Very realistic shadowing and seams. Both envelopes remain in open layers allowing you to place items inside the envelope or to open or close the flap, with shadows for each! Very customizable and even come with a recolorable wax seal.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, seems like thhis is a really great grab bag. I sure wished it worked in PS.

Anonymous said...

I believe she has already released a PS version... check her store.

Mega-Doodle Inspired said...

WooHoo on the review! I'm soo excited! Yes, all these actions are also available for PS in my stores. The PS Grab Bag was out for a couple weeks last month. = )

THANKS for the review!

Deb said...

I love all Brandy's stuff! Congratulations on a great review and thank you so much for making actions for PSE!

Lisa said...

I think she is one of the best and most original commercial use designers around.

A lot of her stuff is just plain time saving and handy.

She's won herself a fan.

p.s Does the wax seal come blank so you can add your own embossed text?

Mega-Doodle Inspired said...

Thank You, Lisa! Yes, the wax seal comes blank and in gray scale. = )

(I also have PS and PSE Wax Seal actions in my store. =)

Anonymous said...

Mega-Doodle Inspired said...
I'm so nervous and excited about having my grab bag done here! I know that I make quality work and I have everything tested by my Test Team. But just because I like something doesn't mean everyone else will. It is for that reason that I am nervous! = ) OK...I'll continue to check back!!

Thanks in advance to everyone that checks out my bag! = )

August 4, 2008 6:59 AM
_________

OMG! You sound so full of yourself. I won't buy from you, EVER!

Anonymous said...

"OMG! You sound so full of yourself. I won't buy from you, EVER!"
_____________________________________

Then you're an idiot.

So what if she thinks she makes quality stuff?? ever heard of creative pride?

I can't believe you'd be ignorant enough to say that you wouldn't buy from her because of that reason..

Would you rather she said she makes crap?

Anonymous said...

Brandy, don't let one snarky poster get you down. I ADORE your stuff, YES you do quality work.

Methinks someone is just trying to stir things up. She won't buy from you? ROFLMAO Her loss.

Anonymous said...

I love it. About the snide post for being "full of yourself", remember, if you can't be proud of your hard work and effort to provide quality, you shouldn't sell it. You have every right to be proud and even talk about it, this is a great bag.

Anonymous said...

I was just going to say that 3:25 is completely ignorant, but y'all beat me to it.

Anonymous said...

3:25 go back to your nasty smack blog...

Anonymous said...

she doesn't sound full of herself at all.

I admire a designer who pays attention to detail and doesn't try to sell us garbage.

If she isn't proud of her work, she shouldn't put it out there.

Nice review, nice bag.

Anonymous said...

Mega-doodle: even when this bag is not to my personal liking (as you said it ... a person's taste is a person's taste) it's great to see you're taking pride in providing quality items. I'll agree with 7:38 that you shouldn't be putting stuff out there when you wouldn't take pride and be 100% sure your stuff is great quality. Something some other designers should be taking to heart (instead of thinking we should accept their sub-par stuff just because they're eeehm ... them and then whine when their sub-par stuff gets judged for what it is). You're probably the kind of designer who would graciously accept a legitimate complaint and bend over backwards to fix it. I'll be checking your stuff out!

And to Ms Grab Bag Critique: thank you for offering your critiques! It's well appreciated and I think you're doing the "community" a great big service, customers and designers alike.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm going to be checking out this designer's store for sure!
Thank you for the review.
And just ignore "Full of yourself". Some people just have no clue and prove it by saying things like that.

Anonymous said...

So Babette, are you going to critique another bag or you fell ashame to get busted running this blog?

Anonymous said...

Why would anyone be ashamed of running this blog? I think its a great service to us all...

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Why would anyone be ashamed of running this blog? I think its a great service to us all...

August 11, 2008 2:41 PM
_________

If the owner is not ashamed, she shouldn't hide behind an anonymous ID.

Anonymous said...

If the owner is not ashamed, she shouldn't hide behind an anonymous ID.
____________________________________

It's probably knowledge that people would "anonymously" pile abuse on her if they knew who she was.

Are you ashamed of your comments? is that why you're anonymous?

Anonymous said...

Nothing new here???

Anonymous said...

This may sound like a stupid question, but what is the difference between PS and PSE?

Lisa said...

This may sound like a stupid question, but what is the difference between PS and PSE?

--------

No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers lol.

The prices are completely different for a start..

US$99.99 for PSE and
US$649 for PS CS3

Basically I would say that PSE is perfect for creating layouts and the odd element for scrapping and PS is a serious kickass design/photography tool.

So it really depends on what you can afford and what you want to use it for. If you can't decide I'd probably download a trial version of both and decide from there.

Anonymous said...

Anyone else notice how Babette has been around the past few days and the posts here magically stop..

Anonymous said...

Oh ok thank you so much Lisa.
You have some beautiful kits!

Mega-Doodle Inspired said...

Is it really necessary to point fingers at Babette? I have actually spoken with the owner of this site about my next grab bag. The owner told me things have been slow due to the death of a friend. The owner of this site is grieving over the loss of a friend and you want to point fingers about who they might be? Just give it a rest, please? I like this site, I love learning about the bags! I'd hate to see this site closed.

Anonymous said...

Oh ok thank you so much Lisa.
You have some beautiful kits!

_____________

You're welcome, and thank you so much :)